One thing that is really hard with this new company is that people do not seem to understand the seriousness of Radon exposure. This gas is DEADLY! It does not discriminate, it will attack anyone. It is #2 Leading Cause of Lung Cancer (second only to smoking)
Today I want to share with your some facts on Lung Cancer itself (I found these statistics here)
- Lung cancer is the second most common cancer in both men and women (not including skin cancer).
- 26,600 Canadians will be diagnosed with lung cancer. This represents 14% of all new cancer cases in 2015.
- 20,900 Canadians will die from lung cancer. This represents 27% of all cancer deaths in 2015.
- 13,600 men will be diagnosed with lung cancer and 10,900 will die from it.
- 13,000 women will be diagnosed with lung cancer and 10,000 will die from it.
- On average, 73 Canadians will be diagnosed with lung cancer every day.
- On average, 57 Canadians will die from lung cancer every day
Based on 2010 estimates:
- About 1 in 12 Canadian men is expected to develop lung cancer during his lifetime and one in 13 will die from it.
- About 1 in 15 Canadian women is expected to develop lung cancer during her lifetime and one in 17 will die from it.
Here an article talking about an unexplained rise of lung cancer in both the UK and US. The doctors interviewed in this article do not know if it is caused Radon.
“What is causing that is very, very speculative at this point. Second-hand smoke is still there. Radon is still around, but that wouldn’t necessarily explain an increase because it is remaining constant or decreasing. Then there are factors related to small particles and carcinogens in the air.”
What I immediately thought of after reading that article was, what about increased fracking ? Now there was a study done in the US in 2013 which does indicate that Fracking for Shale gas will increase Radon exposure.
My goal is not to scare you, but to Educate you on the harmful effects that this has to your health. Every home NEEDS to have a long term test completed.
And I have a favor, I really need help spreading the word about this harmful gas. Radon will not go away, this is not a fade, or a way to make a buck, this is a very real health concern.
Please share this post with your friends and family, you really could potentially save a life. Most importantly BOOK YOUR OWN TEST TODAY!